Stephen W. Chang, M.D., D.A.B.R.
Masters: The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA , May 2012-Apr 2014
MBA, 2014 (expected)
Medical: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, Sept 2002-May 2006
Undergraduate: Harvard College, Cambridge, MA, Sept 1998-Jun 2002
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, Jul 2011-Jun 2012
Fellow, Breast and Body Imaging
Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, Jul 2007 - Jun 2011
- Musculoskeletal radiology (MRI focus)
- Chief Resident, Jan 2010-Jan 2011
Internship: York Hospital, York, PA, Jun 2006-Jun 2007
WORK EXPERIENCE AND HOSPITAL PRIVILEGES
Radiology Associates of Ridgewood, P.A., Waldwick, NJ Jul 2012-present
The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ Jul 2012-present
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY May 2012-Jun 2012
American College of Radiology, American Medical Association, American Roentgen Ray Society, IPRO, Medical Society of the State of New York, Medical Society of Virginia, New York Roentgen Society, New York State Radiological Society, Radiological Society of North America, Society of Breast Imaging, The American Board of Radiology, The Association of University Radiologists
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Basic Life Support (American Heart Association), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (American Heart Association), Diagnostic Radiology (The American Board of Radiology), Authorized User-Eligible (United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission), New Jersey Medical License, New York Medical License, Virginia Medical License, Controlled Dangerous Substance License, Drug Enforcement Administration License
Radiological Society of North America 96th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, November 28-December 3, 2010.
American College of Radiology 87th Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership Conference, Washington, DC, May 15-19, 2010.
Association of University Radiologists 58th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 23-26, 2010. American Alliance of Academic Chief Residents in Radiology section.
Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association 10th National Conference, Washington, DC, November 7-9, 2003.
American Medical Association Interim Meeting, New Orleans, LA, December 7-11, 2002. Medical Student Section.
Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association 9th National Conference, St. Louis, MO, October 25-27, 2002.
1. Chang S, Srinivas A, Murphy K. Endovascular Management of a Patient after SAH. Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005; 8:108-17.
2. Gailloud P, Srinivas A, Chang SW, Murphy KJ, Morgan RH. Percutaneous vertebroplasty in a sitting patient. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005; 16:1558-9.
3. Chang SW, Murphy KP. Percutaneous CT-guided cementoplasty for stabilization of a femoral neck lesion. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2005; 16:889-90.
4. Xie X, Chang SW, Tatsumoto T, Chan AM, Miki T. TIM, a Dbl-related protein, regulates cell shape and cytoskeletal organization in a Rho-dependent manner. Cell Signal. 2005; 17:461-71.
1. Chang SW, Lee JS, Miki T. Effect of MgcRacGAP and Ect2 on Cell Division. Poster presented at the 2001 National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day; August 9, 2001; Bethesda, MD.
2. Chang SW, Xie X, Miki T. Oncogene TIM, a Rac1-specific exchange factor, activates SAPK/JNK signalling pathway. Poster presented at the 1999 National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day; August 5, 1999; Bethesda, MD.
1. Chang SW. Histology. In: Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A, et al., ed. First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1. New York: McGraw-Hill.
2. Chang SW. In: Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A, et al., ed. USMLERx Step 1 Online Test Bank. Available at http://www.usmlerx.com.
3. Chang S, Srinivas A, Murphy K. Endovascular Management of a Patient After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. In: Bhardwaj A, Alkayed NJ, Kirsch JR, et al., ed. Acute Stroke: Bench to Bedside. New York: Marcel Dekker.
4. Srinivas A, Chang S, Gailloud P. Diagnosis and Treatment of Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations. In: Bhardwaj A, Alkayed NJ, Kirsch JR, et al., ed. Acute Stroke: Bench to Bedside. New York: Marcel Dekker.
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY Oct 2009-Jun 2011
Dr. Anna Rozenshtein, Department of Radiology, and Dr. Andrew Einstein, Department of Cardiology
Investigating utilization rates and temporal trends of CT angiography studies performed to exclude pulmonary embolism. Determining demographic, insurance status, and other factors contributing to patterns of practice. Wrote IRB proposal and received approval.
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY Mar 2008-Jan 2011
Dr. Jeffrey Newhouse, Department of Radiology, Division of Abdominal Imaging
Determining acceptable patient delays as assessed by surveys of referring clinicians, broken down by specialty and modality. Information will help radiology practices determine cost-benefit ratio for capital outlays and impact investment decisions.
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD Jan 2005-May 2006
Dr. Kieran Murphy, Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Neuroradiology
Researched and co-authored several journal articles and textbook chapters on endovascular management of subarachnoid hemorrhages, intracranial arteriovenous malformations, use of antibiotics in bone cement, and novel vertebroplasty techniques.
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD Jun 2003-May 2006
Dr. Gerard Anderson, Department of Health Policy and Management
Investigated physician care coordination, preventable hospitalizations, and impact of multiple chronic disease conditions in Medicare beneficiaries with COPD.